Genshin Impact 2.5 release date, banners and what we know so far
Get ready for the incoming Genshin update - here's what we know so far
If you can say one thing about Genshin Impact devs miHoYo is that they like to keep their game updated. No sooner has everybody got into the 2.4 update than we are already looking ahead to 2.5 and the mysteries that will bring.
Henshin Impact gets updates (generally) on six-week cycles more or less, meaning there is a constant new stream of content coming on board for the uniquely popular game. Let’s find out what we can expect in the next major update – Genshin Impact 2.5
Genshin Impact 2.5 release date
While not 100% confirmed at this stage, Genshin Impact 2.5 will release on 16th February 2022. It has already been undergoing beta testing which has led to rumors of some nerfing going on already to some of the new monsters in the game.
What’s new in Genshin Impact 2.5?
Previously we have heard about the Shadowy Husks that would arrive as an enemy in 2.5, but it seems as though miHoYo might have toned down some of their power already ahead of the launch. This is based on information discovered during the beta, which is what we like to see – companies actually acting on what their playtesters tell them.
There are three types of Shadowy Husk slated to make their debut in 2.5. These are as follows:
Standard Bearer: Can create shields for its allies if it hits shielded characters.
Line Breaker: Can heal its allies if it hits shielded characters.
Defender: Can use a shield to block DMG if it previously hit shielded characters.
Leaks from the beta definitely suggest they have been nerfed since we first saw them so it will be interesting to see how they arrive then the update arrives proper.
Genshin Impact 2.5 Yae Miko – new character
So far the only character that has been leaked that will arrive in the 2.5 update is Yae Miko who is set to appear on the first banner
Yae Miko attack abilities
Below you will find the abilities of the latest character Yae Miko. We will have a full guide on the character shortly, but for now here is a taste of some of the things we know so far.
- Normal attack: Summons forth kitsune spirits, initiating a maximum of three attacks that deal Electro damage.
- Charged attack: Consumes a certain amount of stamina to deal AoE Electro damage after a short casting time.
- Plunging attack: Plunges towards the ground from mid-air, damaging all opponents in her path with thunderous might. Deals AoE Electro damage upon impact with the ground.
Yae Miko Passive talent
- Meditations of a Wild Kitsune: When Yae Miko crafts character talent materials, she has a 25% chance to create an extra talent material from the same region of a random type. The rarity of this material will be the same as the materials consumed during crafting.
- The Shrine’s Sacred Shade: Other nearby party members can decrease the CD of Yae Miko’s Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura. Hitting opponents with Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst damage decreases it by one second. This can occur once every 1.8 seconds.
- Enlightened Blessing: Every point of Elemental Mastery Yae Miko possesses will increase Sesshou Sakura damage by 0.15%.
Yae Miko Constellations
- Chronicles of the Kitsune Cohort: Each time Great Secret Art: Tenko Kenshin activates a Sky Kitsune Thunderbolt, Yae Miko restores seven elemental energy for herself.
- Hanagasa Manuscript: Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura’s cooldown is decreased by 20% and its attack AoE is increased by 100%.
- The Seven Glamours: Increases the level of Yakan Evocation: Sesshou Sakura by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Sakura Channeling: When Sesshou Sakura thunderbolts hit opponents, the Electro damage bonus of all nearby party members is increased by 20% for five seconds.
- Mischievous Teasing: Increases the level of Great Secret Art: Tenko Kenshin by three. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Forbidden Art: Daisesshou: Sesshou Sakura starts at level two when created. The max level is increased to four, and their attacks ignore 45% of the opponents’ defense.
Genshin Impact 2.5 Livestream
We don’t have a date for the regular launch live stream yet. We usually get to see the update live-streamed to us about two weeks in advance, so with the release date we are expecting it follows suit the stream should be in the first couple of days of February.
There is no information on the Genshin Impact 2.5 banners at this stage, although we know Yae Miko will arrive in the f first banner on 16th February.
WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more